Click on the picture to enlarge photo.
1. Can you describe the image that was painted on you during your body painting session with Mark Greenawalt?
I was painted as a strong female warrior, her name is Talon. It was a sort of barbarian costume & theme.
2. How did you first hear about Mark Greenawalt's body painting artform and how did you get involved?
I was first contacted by his friend Don Crossland about doing a photo shoot, then later I was contacted by Mark concerning the LepreCon convention.
3. Was this your first experience at being body painted? If not describe previous sessions.
Yes my first time!
4. What were your reasons for modeling for a body painting session with Mark Greenawalt?
It was something new I had never done, a rare experience really. I definitely see myself as a strong woman & loved the way the outfit & pictures turned out. I enjoy his art & love working with serious artists.
5. Do you have previous modeling experience? If so, please list any highlights.
Yes, I have done some warrior shoots (clothed) with a local photographer, as well as worked with several other local photographers on various projects. I have done a commercial, extra work in film as well as stared in a local low budget movie as a super heroin.
6. What does it feel like to get painted?
It was very exciting & empowering sitting there in the nude. I was very comfortable, Mark is very professional & did very well at making me feel comfortable. There were several people in the room watching but I was fine. The paint wasn't uncomfortable at all & I had no problem peeling it off afterwards, however I do recommend shaving very well before hand. Even the tiniest hairs you notice when removing the paint.
7. What advice would you give another model who is considering being bodypainted by Mark Greenawalt?
Shave everywhere first & just relax & enjoy the artistic process taking place, and go to the bathroom before hand once the paint is on your stuck in the outfit for awhile.
8. What were the reactions of people that saw your images (friends, relatives, significant others, etc.)?
I felt a bit of fame at the convention, people getting my autograph & taking my picture having their pic taken with me, it was very fun. My friends think I look awesome & are amazed I sat in a room naked with people watching, but hey you only live once right! I would do it again.
9. Which of Mark's bodypaintings is your favorite (besides your own, of course)?
The queen of hearts is cool, but kind of freaky ( I think that was the plan though) I like the Butterfly concept as well.
10. Would you consider being painted again by Mark Greenawalt?
11. If you were to be painted again, what type of image would you like to try?
Different strong women in history. Also I'd love to be made into a butterfly over my whole body. And perhaps a space woman theme. I'm open to the creative process.
12. Describe the atmosphere of the session (relaxed, awkward, rushed, professional, etc.).
A little awkward at first since there were several people just staring at my nude body, but then I broke the ice and chatted with them a bit & just got into my professional frame of mind. I treated it as I would any professional job & went with the process.
13. Did you feel or seem like you were wearing clothes once you were painted?
Yes for the most part I felt covered, and very sexy & strong!
14. Where did you get painted and where did you do the photoshoot?
At the hotel where the LepreCon convention was taking place in a room. We did the shoot outdoors at around 2:00 AM till 4:00! So it was a long night but very exhilarating.
15. Looking back, what was your favorite part of getting body painted?
It was all great, I enjoyed the photoshoot since I'm a model that part came natural & was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed meeting fans & onlookers, there were some great people I met that night.
16. Looking back, what was your least favorite part of getting body painted?
Peeling it off my backside, oww! those tiny micro hairs still hurt when you pull them, so shave, shave!
17. Do you associate body painting more with art or with porn?
Definitely with art if it is pertaining to Mark's work, he is very professional & I didn't feel like a piece of meat sitting up there I felt beautiful & strong & Goddess like. He is very pro, had he not been I would have left trust me on that. I would never be involved in anything I felt was porn, EVER!
18. What celebrity would you like to see body painted and why?
Don't really have a need to see any one person painted? Whom ever wanted to do it & did it well and tasteful.
19. How easy did the paint come off?
For the most part very easy, except for my bottom. That hurt a little, kinda' like when you peel a band-aid off and have hair sticking to it.
20. What comments do you have about body painter Mark Greenawalt (be careful, he may quote you on this)?
Mark was awesome & professional, he seems to be a great artist as well as a great man. It was a pleasure working with him & with Don Crossland on this job. I enjoyed it very much and hope to work with them both in the future!